Enchant - Wounded CD (album) cover

WOUNDED

Enchant

progrules
4 stars It's high time to give a review on this album because I noticed this album is seriously underrated. I mean if there are 9 songs on the album and 6 of them are really very good, it's wrong that this album has an average of 3,3. It's a shame really. On the other hand I do agree that this isn't a masterpiece. Enchant has done better in their history although this is a very good album. I'll give a rating for each song and short description because there is quality difference between the songs.

1. Below Zero: nice heavy track. Good opener. 4 stars

2. Fade to grey. This one is even better, with a very good guitar solo (Ott's great). Great track. 4,5 stars.

3. Pure. A fantastic ballad, probably the most beautiful song Enchant has ever produced (together with Comatose). 5 stars.

4. Broken. This is somewhat less. A slower song without much impact (at least on me). 2,75 stars.

5. Hostile world. A great track again, in quality equal to Below Zero, so 4 stars.

6. Look away. Another beautiful song, but somewhat more powerful than Pure. 4,5 stars.

7. Armour. Good track, a little less than 1. and 5. 3,75 stars.

8. Distractions. One of the less impressive. 3 stars.

9. Missing. Same actually. 3 stars.

So it's a clear case that this is better than 3,3 average. I come to an average of well 3,8. And I wanted to give this one 4 stars in the first place. So that's about right. don't you think ? Recommended to lovers of melodic heavy prog.

progrules | 4/5 |