Jethro Tull - Living In The Past  CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

5 stars Greatest compilation in a history of rock.

Because it's not a compilation. At least I don't see it as one. Twenty-one track , and 15 of them previously unreleased (if I am right). Excuse me that looks like a more-or-less regular album to me. If we throw away the previously released tracks (for the sake of experiment), we got approximately one hour of previously unheard material!

Alright, I understand that all these songs were "compiled" from different JETHRO TULL periods. But what matters is: all those songs are great!!!!! And none of them is "jumping out" of the concept, content-wise or sound quality-wise. Indeed, this is great record that captured the best of that essential "Tullnes" and it stands tall among the other Tull's records of their golden era. I won't go into any details, because these songs need to be experienced. "Gorgeous" is the first word that springs to mind, I'm sure everyone will have lots of enjoyable moments while listening to these semi-acoustic, introspective gems.

Get it now. It's essential.

clarke2001 | 5/5 |