Amaran's Plight - Voice In The Light CD (album) cover

VOICE IN THE LIGHT

Amaran's Plight

progrules
5 stars This is another very tough call between 4 and 5 stars. In fact I doubt so much, I don't know which to pick. So I let my feeling about this band and album do the choise. I even gave it some more listens to make sure but it remains difficult. In the end the overall feeling about it wins the toss. And because this is a very enjoyable listen for more than an hour I let the 5 stars win. Besides, this is practically a masterpiece, so that means 5 stars. What does it sound like ? Well, a bit like Room V by Shadow Gallery which is no big surprise since Gary Wehrkamp had a very big part in this "project". It's a kind of concept album, if not a real one. And I often like those. I haven't really fathomed the lyrics of this album, it has something to do with a girl named Rachel. We'll get to that some day.

The songs make a very fluent connection with each other, another sign of a concept album. The songs are all strong in their sound and composition, but the ones who even stand out from that standard are: Incident at Haldemans Lake, Viper, Revelation and above all: Shattered Dreams. I think this song is an absolute masterpiece, maybe even the reason for the ultimate 5 stars !

I hope Amaran's Plight will not appear to be a one day fly. Keep up the great work, guys !!

progrules | 5/5 |