Arena - Pride CD (album) cover

3 stars At the beginning of this bands existence I was already a fan, so after their debut I was anxious for their successor. When it was there and I gave it a few listens I have to say it gave me a feeling of Deja Vu and that wasn't just because of the (poor) Cry tracks. This was actually a copy of their debut just with some difference in the songs.

I mean Solomon was very comparable to Sirens. The successors of Vally of the Kings and Out of the Wilderness are Fool's Gold and Empire of a thousand days. And even the shorter songs are clear replacements. And I will be silent about the Cry (see my review on that album). Arena must have thought: why change a winning concept ? In fact I didn't really mind because I liked their debut so what could be wrong with a second one of the same sort ? It's just not very original and creative.

Sirens is one this one my favourite track. It even has the same build up as Solomon, also with a great instrumental passage in the middle. I can't get enough of this type of songs. The other two longer ones are again very good. It's just the shorter ones that are less and the Cry tracks are even worse than on their debut.

So instead of 4 stars I have to limit it to 3 stars this time (3.25).

progrules | 3/5 |