Yes - The Yes Album CD (album) cover

THE YES ALBUM

4.28 | 1936 ratings

progrules
4 stars Close to the Edge and Relayer are generally considered the most symphonic albums by Yes and I agree with that. But I can say I also have a very soft spot for this release. The two famous ones on this album, Yours is no disgrace and Starship trooper are classics forever and I will never be bored by these two. Yours is no disgrace is a song I still hear a lot on the radio and then they often play a shorter version. When I hear the full one again I enjoy it even more. Starship trooper is of course the song with the great build up: a sort of song I like a lot, going to a climax.

The third very nice track is I've seen all good people, also a famous one with a nice epical structure. The clap was always a funny track to me, more of a joke. The last two songs are less significant in my opinion but that doesn't spoil the overall opinion for me. This is an obvious 4 star case.

progrules | 4/5 |