Barclay James  Harvest - Glasnost CD (album) cover

Barclay James Harvest

4 stars I have to say I'm a bit surprised by the low average of this live album. When I still had this one on vinyl this was one of my very favourites. The songs on itself are already very good but in this live performance they surpass themselves probably impressed by the huge crowd in East Berlin at that time of course still communistic.

Anyway I think they make a great impression here and I love the executions of Alone in the night, Hold on en Love on the Line where especially John Lees does a very good job. It's just the last 3 tracks that are slightly disappointing, that's just a side of BJH I'm not too fond of.

But it doesn't spoil my overall conclusion for this album. It's a plain 4 stars.

progrules | 4/5 |