Gdeva - Bubbles, bubbles... CD (album) cover

BUBBLES, BUBBLES...

Gdeva

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Prog-jester
3 stars Beware: this is TRUE Psychedelic Rock. I’d regard GDEVA as a jam-band: after all, can you expect thoughtful structures or catchy melodies from an album recorded spontaneously in two days?

Think before saying “anyone can do this”, even if you feel like it is what they’ve done. In fact, there were some additional recordings, even vocals (verse declamation on a background in fact), and music floats almost in Post-Rock vein, with predictable climaxes and atmospheric feeling. But for me personally this release is rather average. It’s not like I expected something mind- blowing beforehand – I’ve checked tracks on band’s RealMusic page (half of album available for free!), but I hoped they could offer something more than just jamming. Anyway, they have all the possibilities to progress and develop their attitude. All the best, GDEVA, your bubbles are good, but definitely non-essential.

Prog-jester | 3/5 |