Neurosis - Times Of Grace CD (album) cover

TIMES OF GRACE

Neurosis

Experimental/Post Metal

Mr. Punch
3 stars I used to listen to this a lot when I was in high school. After owning it for a while I sold it, but now I wish I still had it. I've since downloaded the album to re-evaluate it, and it's not too bad. I'm not particularly keen on this sort of music, but Neurosis create an interesting and dark atmosphere. While it's extremely heavy and noisy, most of it is rather slow, and it feels like they're having to pull sounds from their instuments.

If I have any gripes it's that the sludgy pace can be tedious, and some of the growled vocals don't work too well in my opinion (they sound a bit silly). I do like the production and the dynamics of the music, but it's not something I'd care to listen to too often. Three stars.

Mr. Punch | 3/5 |