Magic Pie - Circus Of Life CD (album) cover

CIRCUS OF LIFE

Magic Pie

poito
3 stars Short and easy. My son insisted I listened to MP. An agreeable surprise that leaves one a bittersweet taste. One may recognize the influences of the classics from prog to metal, old sounds that are well used and cooked with an as yet undefined cocktail-style. But my son has not listened to Scandinavian pop (happy him) that also roams relentless through the compositions. Pity the long epics like the 'Trick of the Mind' are stained so unrepentantly with senseless pop vocal melodies. If they tried to tribute the great Moody Blues or Parsons, they failed. The many superb moments will take you to a second listening, but the album may bore you after a few more listenings. This band needs advice (or a talented head) to be 5 stars. For my personal use, I have removed pop moments and the result is close to 4 stars.
poito | 3/5 |