Caravan - Paradise Filter CD (album) cover

PARADISE FILTER

Caravan

Canterbury Scene

poito
1 stars Short and easy. Being this one of my all-time favorite bands I had to listen to each piece of music they release. Unfortunately, once more, I wouldn't find what I was looking for (a miracle, may be?). There is nothing left of early 70's canterburians. Hastings is long gone shopping garden tools. This is a bunch of easy-listening cuts with far-from-inspired, far-from-prog and far-from-Caravan bits of conventional arrangements. Hastings singing takes it all, wooof, didn't he ever realized that we always stood his oversweetened voice in the good times because he used it very little?. This is a good example of how revolutionizing teenagers grow old to copy their hated parents taste. I do not buy they always were half-pop. Like it or not, Canterbury is a cornerstone for all-time great symphonic prog. In my view, some bands should not be allowed to (ab)use their name once their music is gone. For the shake of nostalgia I would spare a couple of cuts, "This is what we are", and the opening "All this could be yours".
poito | 1/5 |