The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium CD (album) cover

The Mars Volta

King Crimson776
1 stars The music here is so pointless and directionless, I can't listen to it for more than a couple of minutes. Not to mention it reeks and I mean reeeeks of hipster. People are hailing this as the new prog, but the music on this album is anything but progressive. It's basically a weak homoginized version of Santana and Rush, with some more salsa thrown on top for bad measure. I defy anyone to point out anything progressive about this album, you simply can't. Not that that's even the point though, the music here is just complete nothingness disguised in whatever. There's nothing real about this album whatsoever.
King Crimson776 | 1/5 |