Martigan - Vision CD (album) cover

VISION

Martigan

poito
4 stars Here is an album quite underrated, in my view. More so if we keep in mind what is being done in that time. Ok, there are no breakthroughs here, guitar or keyboard virtuosos, but everyone works for the group and the final product is simply perfect. We're always complaining of the music that we lost when the greats disbanded, don't we? Then why don't sit back and enjoy when others take the elements and keep on it? Would you delete early Marillion? Sure you won't. Keys are fantastic (with Supertramp-ish piano solos) and the guitar too, drums and bass are in site and add to the music; even voices, which I generally skip, are of the story-teller type, expressive and emotional (Fish-like). There are two long themes and a bunch of shorter ones. Don't get fooled by the catchy melody of the opener, skip it if you feel it too flourished and go ahead, from the third track "Snapshots" to the "Rred & green" eighth all tracks are integrated and make up a great long composition full of flavors and musical surprises. The album gets more and more interesting as it advances. This is a really enjoyable piece of prog-music with all ingredients, a compositional pearl not to miss. 4.5
poito | 4/5 |