Return To Forever - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy CD (album) cover

HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY

Return To Forever

poito
4 stars One thing this music cannot be denied is that it ages well. I used to visit jazz-rock fusion 20 years ago, but there since I've been busy with other streams. By chance, I meet them again, and again I became trapped. That seems to be a property of fusions. Always in the middle, small audience, but eternally innovative. Who of you teenagers now could even figure out this was made 30 years before you were born. It is as if someone tells you that brain interfaces were developed before the invention of electric bulb. Don't get embarrassed. It'll happen again to your children 30 years from now. Jazz-rock fusion is not an easy music, but you give 3-4 listenings to, for instance, this RTF and you'll fell in love. This Corea's work is cheerful and colorful. Check the "Captain Senor Mouse" for a start, then the title album. And then you'll see your beloved contemporary guitar and drum heroes ....differently ....maybe smaller.
poito | 4/5 |