La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto - 1984 - L'Ultimo Uomo d'Europa CD (album) cover

1984 - L'ULTIMO UOMO D'EUROPA

La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto

Rock Progressivo Italiano

poito
3 stars Short and easy. These fabricantes master an impressive number of musical resources. They share with Italian progs an exuberant vocalist, but the music develops sounds from all epochs anywhere, mostly conducted by beautiful hammonoid keys creating variety of atmospheres. They use a story-telling format that has given us a few immortal titles... and also ten times the number of pretentious compositions. This, in my view, doesn't get to the Olympo, though it is interesting enough. The problem with this format is that the musical structure gets limited by the story. Even if the album is partitioned in tracks it follows the story too closely so it gets trapped in the lyrics, even buried at times. Some tracks are brilliant (check "Processo di omologazione") and others are just trying to tell us with music something that should have remained in the books. Most tracks do not stand by themselves; play them shuffled and only a few make sense musically. Sorry, I never quite understood those trying to make us feel with music what they feel in their brains, music comes from beyond the guts, it has no explanation. Anyway, got enough time to play it in a row? Then, yes, this 1984 is a good experience.
poito | 3/5 |