Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream CD (album) cover

STUPID DREAM

Porcupine Tree

progrules
3 stars It's really strange with this album. I bought it shortly after it's release, was a lot into PT at the time and I remember I really loved it. Last few years I hardly played it anymore until recently to have another listen for the review and guess what. The enthusiasm was gone but I don't know why. I was actually disappointed about it. Back in 1999 the thing that struck me was the accessability of the album. It's predecessor was Signify and that was quite spacy so I was surprised about the move in style. But I liked it. The first 2 songs were a breath of fresh air to me and I reckoned Don't hate me was almost a masterpiece. The other tracks didn't do too much for me but if I had to judge then I would have given it 4 stars.

At the moment I can't really appreciate it anymore and I have to conclude this album wasn't very perishable. I think it was a kind of a hitalbum, something that fell really nice at that moment but now it's all gone. This isn't my thing anymore, alas. Still 3 stars.

progrules | 3/5 |