Magenta - Night And Day (with Annie Haslam) CD (album) cover

NIGHT AND DAY (WITH ANNIE HASLAM)

Magenta

ZowieZiggy
2 stars First of all, I usually hate remixes. So, having three versions of the same song was not per se what I could expect from a "Magenta" EP.

The original song ("Night & Day") being average, nothing grandiose could be awaited I guess. I even prefer the "Evening Mix". Lighter, with almost piano for a big part, the song sounds simpler and the folkish atmosphere is more in the front-line.

The marketing argument is of course the "duet mix".

Christina together with Annie Haslam. An interesting selling point. Actually, one gets the impression of getting an echoed song. Two voices of truly the same type performing together. Not bad of course (these two vocalist are really very good ones and have prrofed it already), but a bit too "short" to consider this EP more than a collector item than a masterpiece.

"Magenta" 's leader, Rob Reed was more inspired with his former "Cyan" than on this EP, that's a given fact. This piece of instrumental music does not rank in the best of their repertoire.

Bearing in mind all the above, two stars seems the most logical rating to me.

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |