Magenta - Home + New York Suite CD (album) cover

HOME + NEW YORK SUITE

Magenta

poito
4 stars Short and easy. If you go through the reviews of this album you'll see quite agreement. This band borrows, and it borrows a bit too much. Sometimes it looks as a tribute band. Songs like Journey, are but a salad of great classics by YES and GENESIS, and most others contain different amount of other's bits. You'll also find agreement as to the well-making, sensitivity?and the possibilities the band has to create own music. Should we overlook the near-plagiarism just because they play the sounds we never wanted their true parents to stop playing? This is where you'll probably get divergence in the reviews, some say yes, others say no. I go for the no. This band can do without it. There is a difference between borrowing a style and borrowing the ideas. The album is worth four and half stars, but I'm tempted below for too much help received.
poito | 4/5 |