Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick CD (album) cover

SCARSICK

Pain Of Salvation

Cristi
3 stars I've always had mixed feelings for this album; sometimes i enjoy it, sometimes i find it unlistenable. I listened to it today and it was one of those "enjoying the album" days.

The album is not bad but compared with their previous works that i have listened, I find it less inspired; the album is pretty aggressive lyrically - as one can notice even in the titles of some songs - and even musically on a few songs. The musicians still display good skills but still I felt disappointed with some of the songs, these guys can do some much better. The highlights of the album are, for me, the first three songs Scarsick, Spitfall, Cribcaged (oh my God, what titles!) plus Kingdom of Loss and Enter Rain. Disco Queen is a weird song for me, i know it's a cynical mockery, that's why i enjoy it once in a while, but that rarely happens; America is an angry song, musically and lyrically; Idiocracy and Flame to the moth are the songs that I enjoy the least. Mrs Modern Mother Mary is good but still not as enjoyable as the five favourite songs i've just mentioned.

The strange thing is that this album is kind of growing on me; on a scale from 1 to 10, i'd give this album a 6.5, maybe 7 with benevolence. That's why I give this album 3 stars; the album is interesting but inferior to Pain of Salvation's previous works.

Cristi | 3/5 |