Gregor Samsa - 55:12 CD (album) cover

Gregor Samsa

Post Rock/Math rock

4 stars This disc is excellent and as sad and contemplative as it gets, but really the e.p. material they have released is a little prefered by me.....This band has a bright future ahead of them though, as they use just the right mix of ambience/feel/atmosphere that just saturates your being and envelopes you in pure emotion- which is something that few have mastered, Gregor Samsa does it well. Highly recommended for those into the slo-core and sad-core (emo? Hardly! this stomps all over most emo with a vengeance.) The layering of instruments is a pleasant dream. I could listen to them all day long. So beautifully tragic! You can tell they know their shoegaze and ethereal pop bands well, yet this hardly sounds derivative, with a male and female vocal approach their is great room for harmonies galore. I cannot praise this band enough! 4.5 merely because I prefer the first s/t e.p., yet this has a longer playing time, arrrrrggggghhhhh! all of their stuff is excellent. cannot get enough. great music for using headphones in the dark just before or after sleep.
avalanchemaster | 4/5 |