Sylvan - Posthumous Silence  CD (album) cover

POSTHUMOUS SILENCE

Sylvan

progrules
4 stars Just a minute ago I gave my review on X-rayed, the predecessor of this album. I said there that I had read very positive reviews about Sylvan and not just on progarchives. The album that people were so thrilled about was this one: Posthumous Silence. And I can say, it's understandable at least partly.

The understandable part is that this is much better than the predecessor, the one I wasn't really enthusiastic about. Why it's better ? I feel that the melodic aspect is a lot better than was the case with X-rayed or the next (Presets). There are some very nice guitarsolos on this album, mainly in the last two tracks. Another thing is that this almost "breathes" the masterpiecestatus. I myself hardly know what that really is, but with some albums you get the feeling it's really special. A good example I already did the review of was The Visitor by Arena to me. But that absolutely was a true masterpiece, with this album it's just a hint of it.

So not quite a masterpiece to me, but this is very good. I think it deserves 4 stars.

progrules | 4/5 |