Headspace - I Am Anonymous CD (album) cover

I AM ANONYMOUS

Headspace

poito
1 stars There is little room for surprise in the prog rock scene. All we can expect is that every now and then a good songwriter drops by and adds some compositions to the gallery. This album honors the title name. The band gives path to the necessity of some well-known names of making music, maybe some are just trying to keep the family business on (Wakeman's offspring is here at the keys), but unsuccessfully, there is a notable lack of ideas. A pile of prog rock clichés combined in different formats, as if chasing or exploring for some tunes that always manage to run away from these lazy hunters. They almost catch one in the last minutes of In Hell's Name. Just to add something to my collection I'm going to save from the lions the track Invasion. The band has enough instrumental mastery, with nice guitar and keys adding the little salt to the pot. An average voice (Wilson's always was) trying to find a style (is he emulating Jon Anderson here?!), and a flat bass/drum set with nothing to say (Lee Pomeroy adds nothing, is he exhausted?). We all feel nostalgic of past great times, but we do no good by flattering anything that moves under the sun of the Olympo. Read the first sentence in the bio, that's it. Let the children play, let the children grow. One star to compensate for the undeserved starry milky way.
poito | 1/5 |