The Third Ending - The Third Ending CD (album) cover

The Third Ending

3 stars Enjoyable but definitely non-essential.

THE THIRD ENDING is that kind of band (at least, to me), that is good whilee it's playing. But when the music's over you has nothing to remember from the whole album. In fact, these guys are terrific professionals, but they need to shape their music- writing abilities a bit. For now THE THIRD ENDING sounds a bit faceless, too much like Mainstream Prog, which is rapidly growing these days...and I'd be a liar if I say I dislike the trend ;)

In few words: mix most melodic DREAM THEATER ("Can You Hear Me") and late PORCUPINE TREE ("Back Home") in almost equal proportions. You'll recieve quite enjoyable melodic Heavy Prog, with lots of ballads, reoccuring musical themes and harmonies, good singing and nice playing. Unfortunately, nothing more except this all...but it's enough if you just want to have an hour of good contemporary hard-edged Prog. Decide for yourself.

Prog-jester | 3/5 |