Jester's Joke - Just a Reason to Be Out There  CD (album) cover

Jester's Joke

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars I descover this band tanks to Prog Archives, because the band has such a low rating i was curious how it gone touch my ears this italian band, so i give it a try. At first listning not really bad like the others said, but with lack of passion in my opinion. It's clear that they are begginers in music bussines, the sound and almost everything on the album is childish. But, there are some good parts like the opening track One in a crowd is really good, the riffs from the beggining of the piece is super, no doubt the best from here. Songs range from 14 minutes to 4 and cover a nice range of moods and different tempos.The band also remaind me from a band from the same period from my country Romania, named Compact, the voice specially is one on one. So not a really bad album the prog elements are all over the album, the guitar work is quite enjoyble in places, the keys is where belongs but with a lack of enthusiasm. I will give 3 stars, but this Reson to be out there is less good than others albums where i give 3 stars, more like 2.5 rounded to 3.
b_olariu | 3/5 |