Satellite - Nostalgia CD (album) cover

NOSTALGIA

Satellite

poito
4 stars This is the last release of drummer and composer Szadkowski with the band Satellite, and again a major opus of Polish prog. Not a weakness, not a fall, not a bad note. Then, how is it possible the band shut down? It is a mystery to me. I made a bit of research and found out that Szadkowski issued a later album with friends in another project called TRAVELLERS, which I intend to get ASAP. About this Nostalgia, it is not what one would expect as the final album of a band. As in the former INTO THE NIGHT, it is close to perfection. Maybe not as innovative, but still the multiple elements in each track are perfectly blended and the composition goes smooth as silk, everything in place. Here you'll get a nice dose of good instrumental prog, full of catchy airs, poured with excellent drums (how else). I miss some more creative riffs at the guitar and especially at the keyboards, they are kind of used.
poito | 4/5 |