Companyia Elèctrica Dharma - Diumenge CD (album) cover

DIUMENGE

Companyia Elèctrica Dharma

poito
4 stars La Darma, as we used to call this Catalonian festive-jazzistic band of the great 70's, was one of the most enjoyable bands playing live that I remember. It was one of those bands that would let us forget for a while our ridiculous cultural sadness under the military regime, and that our country was a musical island without any contact with the music explosions abroad, which we could only hear in the distance. La Darma is complex folk-jazz and fun. They showed this is not an impossible combination, so they used to sold out in live concerts. I still can see the genius guitar Esteve opening legs as a bad cheer leader when approaching the climax in the solo. In this debut album, still with little festive airs, mostly brought about by brother Joan's sax and some accelerated moments, there is a marvelous flamenco guitar piece called Lila. Esteve was probably one of the most inspired composers of the spanish scene. Unfortunately he passed away too early, while on stage, which marked the future of the band. Anyway, enjoy here some fine compositions as Euforia, L'Harmoniosa Symfonia D'un Cos, and El Bailaor Cosmic. In these you will get impressive sax, guitar and keyboard pieces wrapping you in hypnotizing fast beat that you'll never want to finish. Salut Esteve.
poito | 4/5 |