Symphony X - Paradise Lost CD (album) cover

PARADISE LOST

Symphony X

progrules
4 stars That's really striking ! After 76 (!) ratings there's an average for this album of exactly 4,00. And that's exactly the rating I had in mind for this one. I waited quite some time with my review because I wanted to do it justice (maybe also because we had to wait a long time for it to come out) and not review too quickly or too soon.

But after a few months I can't say my opinion has really changed. In most cases it is what it is and you feel what you feel about an album and this is also the case here. PL is a heavy album and also a good one but to say that it was worth the wait for 5 years, no I don't think so. What's lacking in my opinion is one or more excellent tracks that give the album more status. On the other hand: most tracks are very good, there is hardly a lesser track on the album and that is worth something too.

If I have to point out the better songs: the title track, Walls of Babylon and my very favourite: Domination. This is maybe the heaviest of them all and it really rocks, what a great metal effort this is. As I said, the others are very worthwhile but it's really missing the masterpiece status I think. So obviously 4 stars !

progrules | 4/5 |