Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

RUSH

Rush

progrules
3 stars It's funny that the carreer of the great Rush started off with this album. Because this debut wasn't anythink like the next 6 or 7 albums they made after this. It's almost as if it's some sort of mistake, like they were heading for the wrong direction and recovered that with their next albums.

What's this debut like ? It's a simple hardrock album, it's almost funny as if you shouldn't take this too seriously. But of course I do because it's probably meant as a serious release. If you listen to the second, fifth or sixth song of this album you'll understand what I mean. I can't suppress a smile when I hear these songs. There are some more serious tracks, like my personal fav: Here Again or Before and after or Working man. I think these are really good songs. All in all this is not bad at all but far from a classic or excellent album. So I can only give it 3 stars.

progrules | 3/5 |