Iron Maiden - Killers CD (album) cover

Iron Maiden

2 stars I hate to say it, but here's a Maiden album that I'm not too keen on. Maybe my opinions will change, but right now I find it hard to enjoy. There's nothing wrong with the musicians and they all give a top performance, and even DiAnno gives us some great vocals (not as good as the debut though). Harris's bass is put a bit too high in the mix, and I think his ego overshadows this album.

I'm not going to do a track-by-track review but just pick out my highlights. My personal favourite is 'Murders in the Rue Morgue'. This is a catchy track and I find myself singing along to it a lot. The title tracks a killer as well (pun intended). 'Wrathchild' kicks bit of ass, and the other trac kworthy of note is the instrumental 'Genghis Khan' although its merely a shadow of its predecesor, 'Transylvania'.

The other tracks are generally quite similar both musically and lyrically, making the album a somewhat monotonous listen. Although I don't rate it as highly as their other albums of the 80s, its a worth the buy if your a fan. 2.5 stars.

burtonrulez | 2/5 |