Edison's Children - A Million Miles Away (I Wish I Had A Time Machine) CD (album) cover

A MILLION MILES AWAY (I WISH I HAD A TIME MACHINE)

Edison's Children

poito
2 stars This is a remake of the album IN THE LAST WAKING MOMENTS issued only one year earlier in 2011, and the best evidence that it was nearly emptied of ideas. All but the opener Dusk and the Fallout series, the album was so poor that even the authors themselves realized they could do better. So they gave it a second chance by re-working the same material. This is not a nostalgic return of the authors to all-time classics made 10-20 years earlier, but the proof they had worked very little last year. They pour some arrangements here and there, recruit some friends, wash some faces, try to make the material more digestible, and ? well, just about the same. Same sounds and motifs exploited once and again. A few new themes are added not to bore their fans (amazingly they earned quite a few). The Pop-prog track Haunted Memories is probably the most interesting.
poito | 2/5 |