Martigan - Man Of The Moment CD (album) cover

MAN OF THE MOMENT

Martigan

poito
3 stars I first listened to their most acclaimed VISION album, which I really liked spite of the notable borrowing of style from the great symph grandpas. I thought it was a worthy piece of classic prog with all ingredients in site and excellent instrumental mastery. This former album now looks to me as a preparatory one, meaning that the borrowed elements are already here but less compacted, it sounds less natural. The brilliant moments are scarce and the first half is cheesy and easy. It improves somewhat by the second half, beginning by the most inspired track "Scapegoat And Scarecrow", a piano based track with an original melody and good voices. "The Feast" is also a track you can save for your collection. The opening "The Pride" and "Images and Tales" are also worth a couple of spins. Globally it is rather uneven with as many highs as lows.
poito | 3/5 |