Martigan - Man Of The Moment CD (album) cover

MAN OF THE MOMENT

Martigan

poito
3 stars I first listened to their most acclaimed VISION album, which I really liked in spite of the notable borrowing of style from the great symph grandpas. I thought it was a worthy piece of classic prog with all ingredients in site and excellent instrumental mastery. This former album now looks to me as a preparatory one, meaning that the borrowed elements are already here but less compacted, it sounds less natural. The brilliant moments are scarce and at least in the first half the overall taste is cheesy and easy. It kind of improves by the second half, beginning by the most inspired track Scapegoat And Scarecrow, a piano based track with an original melody and good voices. The Feast is also a track you can save for your collection. At least this tribute bands do not hide what they are and who they worship, neither do we. It is worse to pretend one is not influenced by the Grandpas while they die in the effort of making us believe they are original.
poito | 3/5 |