Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells CD (album) cover

TUBULAR BELLS

Mike Oldfield

asimplemistake
3 stars MIKE OLDFIELD was only 20 when he produced this album, yet it has a lot musically in it. Sadly, the most interesting part of the album to me is the famous intro to Part I, which is well known from The Exorcist. I really enjoy the whole buildup of the intro, but the music in the rest of it gets a little bit boring at parts, and the production is far from perfect (which Mike later tried to fix by rerecording the entire album). I do however enjoy the repetitive ending section of Part I. I was never able to get into the second side of the album, I find it to be too slow for me, and nothing much really happens. I will still give this album a strong 3 Stars, because of those parts in it which I do really enjoy. Good, but non-Essential.
asimplemistake | 3/5 |