Zero Hour - The Towers of Avarice CD (album) cover

THE TOWERS OF AVARICE

Zero Hour

asimplemistake
4 stars The Towers of Avarice is a strong and complex release from the California metal band ZERO HOUR. I see two main focuses with ZERO HOUR, complexity and the story line. This does not mean every other part of the album fails, because in fact they really succeed in creating a well rounded album.

The album starts off with some synthesized sound effects (that also start off the last song on the album), which then leads into one of my favorite songs on the album, The Towers of Avarice. The listener travels through a sci-fi story throughout the album, a story based upon one man who must destroy these Towers of Avarice. It's an interesting story, although not very original. Each song remains strong, with no real weakpoints within the actual songs. The only song I would consider a weakpoint of the album is Reflections. They took out the energy to try and make a slow and emotional song, and I feel like it could have been a little bit stronger.

In general, ZERO HOUR has a lot of power in their sound, with amazing guitar tone (for what they play), and superb musicianship. All players stand out in almost every song, and they make a very good and complete band. I would highly recommend this album to any fan of Prog Metal. 4 Stars.

asimplemistake | 4/5 |