Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

asimplemistake
5 stars PINK FLOYD make truly beautiful music, full of amazing atmospheres, which are best showcased in their famous Dark Side of the Moon. When comparing this to their other works, I put Dark Side of the Moon second only to Wish You Were Here, but that is a different matter.

The album starts off with the beating of a heart, with the sounds of cash registers and people talking setting the mood. Speak to Me, the first track, is a perfect crescendo into the first song with singing, Breathe. The third track, On the Run, is probably my least favorite song on the album, because it doesn't do musically what the other songs accomplish. On the Run leads perfectly into the ringing of alarm clocks, which marks the start of Time, a beautiful song with some of my favorite lyrics on it. Side 1 of the album then ends off with The Great Gig in the Sky, also one of my lesser favorites although it is still quite good.

Side 2 is started out with Money, the 7/4 rocker about greed and money. The album then moves into the 4 last songs, all of which help finish off the album perfectly. I love PINK FLOYD for that sound they've made that's truly theirs, and that can only be cheaply imitated, but never beaten. A masterpiece, 5 Stars.

asimplemistake | 5/5 |