Komara - Komara CD (album) cover

KOMARA

Komara

poito
1 stars Komara is one of those experimental blend-it-all bands following the tradition of underground hippie music in the sixties, characterized by assembling a weird collection of instruments to stay as far as possible of mainstream, maybe out of some acid-trip. Personally, I don't care much about experimenting with sounds; it's OK, but I don't see why it should be recorded. It is self-indulgent, food for the players and their muse. I have approached every now and then to these sound-makers; once I bought several CDs by Eno hoping to find some hidden jewel, but I listened to them just twice (in case I missed something the first time) and they are growing dust for 20 years now in my shelves along with others of the like, the same place where this Komara will inhabit from now on. I also used to hypnotize myself playing weird guitar chords, but I would never let anyone to listen to them. Unless you want to analyze how others explore music, you better use your time to explore something else. Komara is not original even as sound-makers. You'll find more inspiration in those 24 hours jam sessions with free admission of players. My advice: don't let yourself be impressed by the five stars sound-analyzers. This is for completionists.
poito | 1/5 |