Travellers - A Journey Into The Sun Within CD (album) cover

A JOURNEY INTO THE SUN WITHIN

Travellers

poito
4 stars I've been listening to this album for some days now in my car and letting its essence to get deeper on me, and it grew, yes, a lot. Have to say that this album requires headphones, isolate yourself, it loses a lot otherwise. There are tons of flavors and elements you don't want to miss. The album begins with the high pitch of female singer Robin, a bit too sweet and folky that gives a false impression of what is coming, but it soon enters a strong rhythmic section with ethnic touch a la Gabriel in his solo era. Out of curiosity you go to the credits and Alas! Of course, it is Szadkowski!, the genius drummer and composer who led the band SATELLITE, a top act of the century. Who else, now we know why we like it that much. The first track gives nature to the album, Magic! That's what it is. Travellers build an easy-to-listen, smooth but energetic music (how was that, you better check it out), full of layers, great guitar in the back as well as during jam-like riffs (are they improvisation?) and beautiful subtle synths. Robin enters in the right number of passages not to clog the instrumental delights, she is perfect. The bass creates the energetic passages that alternate beautifully with sensitive piano interludes. Melodies are catchy an original, some to keep forever. A must. 4.5
poito | 4/5 |