Threshold - Hypothetical CD (album) cover

HYPOTHETICAL

Threshold

progrules
4 stars I just reviewed Critical Mass and I have to say even though there is just one year in between these two albums there is quite a big gap in specific style. True, they are both progressive metal in the same line up but this album is a bit heavier, darker and less accessible than it´s successor. But it´s very hard to say which is better. I think this album Hypothetical is more equable in quality. All songs are great but there are less special highlights than on Critical Mass.

It´s more like: if you want to hear an hour of a very reliable Threshold at more or less its best you´d better take Hypothetical and you will not be bored one second. This is enough reason for me to give the 4 stars. Highlights (if there are any) are the two longer tracks.

progrules | 4/5 |