Fish - Fellini Days CD (album) cover

FELLINI DAYS

Fish

poito
3 stars Definitely Fish is a creative genius with an impressive ease for sneaking in the barn of gods where they keep MUSIC out of the reach for mortals. There are no hits in this album: He has spoiled us with some jewels in his solo career and somehow one gets disappointed while listening to this album for the first time, but after a few more turns one realizes there is plenty of joy for music-eaters. Fish has the sometimes irritant way of composing by which themes that tells you nothing in the initial bits come inadvertently to life after a while through a stream of perfect quiet notes. In the opening theme 3D you'll see what I'm talking about. To a large extent John Wesley's guitar is to be blamed for that in this album. Some would say this is sophisticated pop, others may think this is daddy's quiet prog, but trust me, there is not a bad theme here, from start to end. I had several of his quieter albums back in the 2k decade running round and round in my car for several days trying to decide which themes should I reject, not to overload my already crowded personal song library, but...no success, I'll keep them all. 3.5
poito | 3/5 |