Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Per Un Amico CD (album) cover

PER UN AMICO

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

OGTL
4 stars After not hearing much Italian prog aside from Le Orme, I decided to check out PFM, after seeing all of the positive opinions on the site. I think they are slightly over-rated, but this album is a solid record, folksy and hard edged at times, soaring vocals and organ passages, delicate finger picking and well structured arrangements with quite a good mastering for its time.

I'm not an expert on Italian prog but it will sure motivate me to explore it more. I reccomend this album if you are new to italian prog because it is similar to english prog in some ways, but unique in its own right.

OGTL | 4/5 |