Riverside - Voices In My Head CD (album) cover

VOICES IN MY HEAD

Riverside

UMUR
4 stars What a nice little album Riverside have made here. Very much in the same vein as their 3 REAL albums with the warm and touching vocals from Mariusz Duda and the beautiful guitar playing from Piotr Grudzinski. The songs are generally more mellow than on the albums though. I am a big fan of the quit Riverside songs though, so this is kind of a treat to me. There are 5 studio tracks on the album which are like I just described more or less ( Dna ts. Rednum or F. Raf is a bit different, but you´ll have to listen to understand) and 3 live songs recorded in 2004. The live songs are in good audio quality and nicely performed.

Riverside is such a great band in my eyes, one of the new true progressive pioneers. Not especially innovative but it´s finally a band where you know it´s them when you hear their music. Their style and sound is so warm and delightful, but sometimes also frighful and angst ridden. A nice cocktail if you ask me.

For fans of melodic progressive rock this is a must have along with the 3 REAL studio albums from Riverside. It´s not a masterpiece, but and excellent addition in my prog rock collection. 4 stars.

UMUR | 4/5 |