Gojira - From Mars to Sirius CD (album) cover

FROM MARS TO SIRIUS

Gojira

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

pinkpork
4 stars Gojira is probably one of the heaviest bands ever. I do like it, though, because it is also extremely technical. One thing I do NOT like, though, is the vocals. I don't like the screaming.

The trippiest song is probably Ocean Planet. It is very unusual in the solo. Backbone is more of a straightforward metal song. Flying Whales is more atmospheric, with whale sounds in the beginning.

Overall, many people either think of this album a spark of brilliance or a bad and uncreative one. I personally feel that it should be in the middle.

pinkpork | 4/5 |