The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns With The Devil In Confessional CD (album) cover

ACT V: HYMNS WITH THE DEVIL IN CONFESSIONAL

The Dear Hunter

javajeff
4 stars My favorite of the five, and the one that got me interested in the series. I have been trying to enjoy this story for some time, but it is quite extensive and required some online help to understand. There are many metaphors used to depict the actions of a boy's life, and you are missing out if you do not have interest in the plot. The musicianship and vocals are stellar, so I wanted to get that out of the way. However, what makes this series unique is the multi-act story that unfolds one album at a time. It is bigger than one album, so it is probably in your interest to spend some time trying to understand it more. I find myself interested in the previous Acts now, but it is a little long for me to take in at one time. Act V is a must have for owners of the rest of the series, but not as suitable as an individual purchase.
javajeff | 4/5 |