Edge of Sanity - When All is Said CD (album) cover

WHEN ALL IS SAID

Edge of Sanity

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

UMUR
4 stars With a title like When All is Said this has got to be the definitive release from Edge of Sanity. And what a release. I donīt normally purchase best of albums but this one is very representative for the career of Edge of Sanity and definitely worth having.

On disc 1 we get the best songs from all their albums ( except the two Crimson albums) and I mean the best songs. Edge of Sanity always had the problem that they made really good songs and a fair amount of unremarkable songs on each album. Not many bad songs fortunately though. Here we get the best. Songs like Enigma, Lost and Twilight are just classics in the Edge of Sanity discography.

Disc 2 consists of both Crimson albums which is just such a treat. Buy this one instead of buying every album from Edge of Sanity, you already got the two best ones right here.

To anyone who donīt know what Edge of Sanity sounds like, Iīll give a short explanation: Nineties melodic yet brutal Swedish death metal with slight prog tendencies. Itīs not overtly technical, but really enjoyable and memorable.

This is strongly recommendable to both fans of Edge of Sanity or fans of Swedish death metal. Prog fans might be most interested in disc two with the two Crimson albums. Iīll rate this 4 stars because itīs a really good overview of the career of Edge of Sanity and because they made some really good music that I still enjoy on occasion.

UMUR | 4/5 |