Tryo - Viajes CD (album) cover

VIAJES

Tryo

Mellotron Storm
3 stars I won't deny that I was disappointed with this album but I have nobody to blame but myself. I like to do my homework before buying a cd, and I didn't know that this was an all acoustic record.

I really enjoyed their "Patrimonio" album, especially the heavy, electric passages. I wish they had done as they usually do, and that is mix the acoustic with the electric. I won't describe the music like I usually do because honestly it's pretty much acoustic guitar, cello, vibraphone and percussion throughout. And while these are fine songs that are quite enjoyable, it wears thin after a while for me. Just my taste in music I guess, because if it was all heavy bass, drums and guitar I would be happy. I really like the title track and "Nimios", while the final track is a nice change as it's the only song with actual vocals on it. So there you have it, beautiful acoustic music that really has nothing to do with Jazz like their earlier albums.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |