John Arch - A Twist Of Fate (EP) CD (album) cover

A TWIST OF FATE (EP)

John Arch

progrules
3 stars I bought this EP because of the high rating so far combined with its progressive metal genre. Just 4 and 5 star ratings so far, then you expect something very special. To be honest, I don't think so. This is not bad, I don't want to exaggerate but to say that we are being treated with these two epical tracks, not really.

The music isn't bad, I have a problem with the vocals. They annoy me slightly and that destroys a lot of the fun. Instrumentally it's a lot better and also the compositions are ok but I expected more on that department as well.

So all in all not a bad effort by John Arch and I wonder what I would have concluded if I would have gone into this one without the foreknowledge. Maybe I just would have been a bit more enthusiastic but I doubt if it would have led to a 4 star rating, I give it three stars (3,3).

progrules | 3/5 |