Golden Avatar - A Change Of Heart CD (album) cover

Golden Avatar

2 stars I fail to see what's Prog on this release. It got some jazzier moments but otherwise sounds more like some Hindu version of Gospel. It's not entirely that either, so I guess it's something unique and, thus, Prog?

A few good songs but no one that lives up to it's full potential, due to a weak production. I don't know about the voice of Michael Cassidy, the man behind this band. I can't say it's bad, but maybe just not my cup of tea.

A nice sleeve cover though, with Arthur Rackham-esque art depicting the story of the title track; a caterpillar surrounded by fairies on the front. And on the back the caterpillar has transformed to a fairy himself.

Best songs would be "Bhagavad-Gita" and Time For Going Home".

Frasse | 2/5 |