Black Bonzo - Sound of the Apocalypse CD (album) cover

SOUND OF THE APOCALYPSE

Black Bonzo

rclevesq
4 stars This band and its most recent album was the surprise of 2007 for me. Excellent recording and musicians playing with a flavor of modern progressive rock, somewhat like Porcupie Tree, yet very distinct.

Sounds like melodic King Crimson (if they would work at it), and yes I do agree that the German band Novalis and some of the italian progressive bands come to mind.

What is critically importantt to me in music is the sound and the landscape music creates. I play no instrument, do not read music but like to feel the music. These guys have it.

One of the best of 2007.