Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden CD (album) cover

Iron Maiden

2 stars Now, this is a charming debut. It made a big impression in those days but today... I still respect the album, especially the first four songs but I think it has more historical value than being something one really can enjoy (not if you consider all the Maiden albums that came later on). It's nice and it's charming and it's naive. It's charming because it's naive. Some of the songs are rather weak (Charlotte; Iron Maiden) - and yet they're fun. This was the record (music and artwork) you could scare your parents with. But as time goes by... and since it's NWOBHM and not prog I rate it 2 stars.
strayfromatlantis | 2/5 |