Motorpsycho - Phanerothyme CD (album) cover

PHANEROTHYME

Motorpsycho

javajeff
5 stars Motorpsycho has a huge catalog of albums with a bigger variety of styles and genres they seem to cover. I started with their newer albums, and have been working my way backwards enjoying the journey. What I can say about Phanerothyme is that it should not be missed. Amazing songs like For Free, Go to California, Painting the Night Unreal, The Slow Phaseout, and When You're Dead could make it Motorpsycho's best album for some people. Motorpsycho and Ståle Storløkken: The Death Defying Unicorn for me is their best album, but I think Phanerothyme is easily their best indie rock output to date. Phanerothyme is less proggy than the newer stuff, but it has excellent songwriting and performances. The musicianship is stellar, and it has a magic to it that is also present in The Death Defying Unicorn. There is a warmth and charm to their early stuff, and Phanerothyme has it in spades. If you like the band in the least bit, and can appreciate different genres of music, this is a must own album. I highly recommend it to rock lovers with an eclectic side that can appreciate top notch songwriting.
javajeff | 5/5 |