Frost* - Experiments In Mass Appeal CD (album) cover

EXPERIMENTS IN MASS APPEAL

Frost*

poito
5 stars If it wasn't because we may check it out easily by the credits or in videos, I would never say this is the same band that released a weird musical hodgepodge in their debut album Milliontown. The ingredients were obviously there in Godfrey's brains, but only merged rarely. Such disperse professional life he has around music. I think the line to follow was not clear to him in the first album, habituated he is to deal with Pops and wierd stuff like that, but he finally chose one that is both coherent and talented for this intermittent project. I wish he would have kept it long, but it took 8 more years to release a follow up, Falling Satellites, though it was worth the waiting. This EIMA album is full of Music, kind of seed for new prog, combining power dense sound precursor of djent with smooth passages, maybe insisting a bit too much with the sudden outbursts, but they work well, no doubt. After listening to this, I come up with the crazy idea why the debut album was so well rated; this one raised a passionate follow up audience that will kiss every step Godfey's Frost would make, even retrospectively. But the difference with the failed Milliontown is like night and day. Skip that one; it is common compared to this gem. This one has such a strength and virtuous composition that the best argument to take you there is Godfrey's own words defining what this album is about ant what inspired him (his father's death): Get out there and don't waste a moment of what you have left-
poito | 5/5 |