Atomic Rooster - In Hearing Of Atomic Rooster CD (album) cover

IN HEARING OF ATOMIC ROOSTER

Atomic Rooster

poito
2 stars This third release by AR means another complete break with their predecessor blues-oriented rock heavily dominated by jammy instrumental duets and solos. Here the music has become extremely simple, Rock remains behind some tracks, but they were exploring new paths. Themes are built on monochord lines or arpeggios with some piano or keyboard arrangements; solos and riffs are nearly gone, all is left to catchy repetitive rhythms, some may hook on you, but definitely, the music is too simplistic, even naif for the time. One may think they have moved back to late sixties, the In A Gadda Da Vida times. The lyrics kind of reproduce the same pattern as the music, with clichés like "I must run away out of here", "I have to find my way back home" and things like that. The experiment was not very successful in my view.
poito | 2/5 |